1) I am so excited that the NFL draft has come and gone. Because I have been forced to watch pre-draft coverage for literally months, followed by the actual draft, and then days of post-draft coverage.
I like football.
But I can't take anymore.
Can I get an Amen?
2) Josh's birthday is in less than a week and I've got nothing for him.
He's hard to buy for.
The only thing he really likes is you-tube clips of people hurting themselves and starburst licorice that the company stopped producing years ago.
So he might not get a present.
But I will.
He's going to have to stop referring to me as a cougar now.
37 days is not that much older than you, darling. So shove it.
2) I've decided to stop worrying so much about the house. Because if worrying could sell my house, it would have sold already. And I'm fairly certain that I'm going to have to start coloring my hair soon.
It's just a house. It's just a house. It's just a house.
3) I've been contemplating whether or not my almost five-year-old girl finds incessant talking to be a compulsion she just cannot overcome, or if she's doing it on purpose to make my skin crawl.
A moment or two of quiet a day will not cause the earth to stop spinning.
At least I don't think so.
I don't know for sure because we haven't had any such moments in the past 4 years and 11 months.
4) My son has been willingly ingesting a few choice fruits and vegetables lately. I've hesitated to blog about it lest it blow up in my face and he return to the sausage/bacon/hot dog diet that used to sustain him.
Today at lunch, for example, he ate a whole banana as well as a third of a green pepper.
And some sausage.
Baby steps people.
But I praise God that we have come so far from these days, when he was having invasive procedures and doctors were throwing around scary terms like cystic fibrosis, eosinophilic esophagitis, and cellulite.
Forget about that last one.
That's just my hangup, not Derek's.
5) Do you think that there are any healthy properties left in a yogurt cup who's product is florescent in color? And since when did Trix expand from breakfast cereal to yogurt?
6) The randomness of this post is getting to be too much. Even for me.
So I'm going to stop now.