Josh and I are going skiing tomorrow.
Here is the list of things necessary to accomplish before we go:
-Drive to base, rent ski equipment
-Call drop-in center and reserve spot for Derek
-Sign Alex up for extended-day at her school
-Ask friend to pick Alex up when extended day ends
-Ask another friend to be our back-up just in case unforeseeable circumstances prevent us from getting Derek before the drop-in center closes
- Pack food for Derek for all day tomorrow
- Pack a lunch for Alex
-Drive Derek to drop-in center
-Scare the workers into remembering Derek's allergies. Specifically, mention the words: Milk, Peanuts, Eggs, and Death
- Explain again (mostly for my benefit) how to use the benadryl and epi-pen in case of emergency
- Remember to bring a blankie and Ellie the Blue Elephant
- Take Alex to school
- Uninstall her car seat and leave it at the school for my friend who's picking her up.
- Drive to mountain/worry about leaving Derek
-Ski/worry that Derek is sad and needs me
-Drive home/worry that Derek was fed something he shouldn't be
- Pick up Derek/ wonder why I spent the day worrying
- Pick up Alex
- Arrive home. Deep sigh.
Ladies and Gentlemen without young children:
Go skiing now.