***

***

Friday, February 5, 2010

A Train of Thoughts

Today is Friday, but all day I thought it was Saturday.
Probably because I went skiing today.
I've done more skiing in the last 3 weeks than I have in the last 3 years.
Josh kept the kids because he had the day off and didn't feel good enough to ski.
I like that guy.
I scalped his ticket at the mountain.
It felt dangerous and illegal.
Is it still considered scalping if you sell it for the same price you bought it for?
I skied with some girlfriends.
We all work out together at the gym, but we all share a love of eating less than healthy foods.
We had Subway and french fries for lunch.
And hot chocolate.
We picked up a pizza on the way home.
And fun drinks from Sonic.
The children were alive and well when I got home, but hungry for dinner.
I fed Derek rice because he likes it and he doesn't like much.
I regretting feeding Derek rice when I saw that there were grains scattered all around the house.
Apparently they were stuck to his butt.
I vacumed them up, and tried to be happy that he was eating, even if it was messy.
He is still wearing the same size diapers that he wore when he was 4 months old.
He's a normal-sized 2 year old.
He was a gargantuan 4 month old.
Today in the bath Alex laughed and said that Derek was hurting his penis.
He smiled at me and said "I squeeze it mama."
Weird little monkey.
Tomorrow we are going to Monkey Bizness in Boise for a birthday party.
The girls in the squadron are having a movie & dinner tomorrow night.
I kind of want to go, but feel bad asking my sick husband to watch the kids again.
So I'll just post this and see what happens.
Maybe he'll read it and tell me to go.
I'll let you know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate rice nights. Rice gets everywhere.
Have fun on your night out . . . I bet he'll let you go! :)

One of Us said...

That is why I don't make rice (or couscous) anymore. And, probably not for the next ten years. I miss couscous.

The Passionate Housewife said...

LOL! Thanks for the laugh tonight, I needed it!

Jen McD said...

Did you get girls movie night too?