***

***

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My hat's off to Pat the Bunny

Last year at this time, I was packing up myself and the kids for an extended stay in Michigan.
Josh was deploying with his squadron for several months over the holidays, and I'd been forced to decide if being home alone would be more or less painful than staying with my family.

Oh.
Hi Family!
Just kidding about that.

I obviously chose to go "home," and so began weeks of visiting with family and enjoying the holidays with them.

It also opened up a whole new world of blog fodder for me, as staying with my mother in law, aka Pat the Bunny, is a bit like life in a sitcom.

A strange, strange sitcom.

When I arrived to Michigan, I developed a cold and really bad sore throat. It was then that I shared with you the ways in which PtB is akin to a drug pusher.

And then emptied her cabinets of a pile of expired medication that would make any hoarder proud.

You should go ahead and peruse those links, it will make the rest of the story more fun.
I'll just wait right here for you.

Okay, you're back?
Good.

A friend reminded me of those posts the other day when I blogged about using the old medicine for Derek this weekend.
But to put your minds at ease, the meds I used for Derek were not expired.
So I have no guilt bringing up that old story again.

Then I got to thinking that I need to go visit Michigan again, because my blog could use some new stories of the Bunny.
And voila!
Like a rabbit with mind reading skills, I opened my e-mail today to find this little gem from none other that Pat the Bunny herself:


Now, a picture of PtB at work (she's an elementary school teacher) wearing a Snow White tiara is mildly amusing, but it's not the best she can do.

I know.
I've been in the family for almost a decade.


The accompanying message, however, added some laughable details.
And I quote:

"It was hat's off to Drugs day at school today. Please show my Alex her wierd grandmother. "

A few things to ponder:

1) When you say, "my hat's off to you," is that not bestowing some type of honor on whomever you are taking your hat off to?

2) Why are they taking their hats off to drugs?

3) Do they know PtB's history of drug pushing?

4) My daughter's Snow White tiara is not a hat.

5) It would appear that they are actually putting hats* on

*term, apparently, used loosely



And for that lovely e-mail today, I say:

Pat the Bunny, my hat's off to you!

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Whatever.
You totally fed your son expired medicine.