***

***

Thursday, October 14, 2010

He

He melts my heart.



He is a lover.
Snuggler.
Hugger.
Kisser.

He says he is a big boy, and then whispers to me
"But I'm still mama's baby"

because he knows it makes me happy.






I take him to his "class" one morning a week. It's just a mother's day out program that's right across the street from our house.
He's there right now, playing trucks with his friends.

When we started there, I thought that it would give me a chance to run errands and grocery shop alone.

But it turns out he's such good company, I don't really need to do those things alone. He likes to ride in the cart while I shop.
He pats my hands and talks about everything he sees.

But he loves his class, so I let him go.

For some reason, I never thought I would be a mom to a little boy.
But I wouldn't trade it for anything.



I know that I wont always be the most important woman in his life.
But right now I am.
And I'm loving every minute of it.

9 comments:

Proverbs 31 Wannabe said...

I love this post!

One of Us said...

Hmmmmmm, just taking one child out on errands? That WOULD be nice!

Taylor said...

He is very precious!

Missy Jill said...

This made me think of my little Sawyer. So sweet!

Anonymous said...

What a cute sweet boy!

Christina said...

Awww...I love the image of him patting your hands in the grocery store. I can see him smiling up at you while he rests his hands on yours as you push the cart. So, so sweet.

Christina said...

By the way, here is the cake, and the end result. But your guess was close! hahahahaha
http://www.fivewalkers.com/journal/2010/1/29/christians-teacher-must-have-magical-powers.html

(I seriously have ADD, I almost hit publish comment without leaving the link.)

Rachel said...

No kidding, one of the reasons we are reluctant to have another kid is that I fear having a girl, not a defamation on mothers of girls, just a love of being the mother of a son. There's something so special about that bond to a boy, huh? They are perfect aren't they?

Teresa Dawn said...

This is a great post and I love the photos, adorable... Especially that second picture!!!