It's that time again-- the Wednesday Hodgepodge! Join up at Joyce's site.
1. Have you ever been to the US capital-Washington DC? If so, what's your favorite site? If not, what would you most like to see on a visit to that city someday in the future? Is it even on your list of places to visit?
Yep. From ages 3-18 I lived about 10 miles from DC.
It's one of those things that you take for granted when you're a kid, but I started to appreciate it more as I got into high school. Being able to take the Metro into DC to go to the all the "free" entertainment was neat. Things like the National Zoo, the museums, fireworks on the 4th of July, etc.
You can imagine that we had many a school field trip to the Mall.
I think my favorite event was when I got to see Les Miserables at the National Theater. I was sure I wouldn't like to see a musical, but I loved it.
I'd like to take the kids to DC when they get older. The would not appreciate it now, of that I am certain. After all, they've been a little spoiled with kidcentric vacations lately.
2. When did you last attend a wedding? Are there any weddings on your summer calendar? Were you a summer bride? If you're single, is summer the season of your dream wedding?
No weddings on my agenda this summer.
The last one I went to was Josh's sister's wedding, almost two years ago.
Alex was the flower girl.
Wasn't she so cute?!
She thought so too--
She totally disrupted the wedding because she thought it was her job to kill ants with her basket.
I like to think she was trying to protect her Aunt Jessie on her big day.
Our tenth anniversary is next week!
Josh has planned a celebration in Vegas.
Only I'm not invited.
So if anyone wants to celebrate my anniversary with me, you're more than welcome! :)
3. What is your favorite way to eat strawberries?
In the field while picking them. Something about the warmth of the sun on the berries makes them even sweeter.
4. What is one thing you are especially looking forward to this summer?
Lazy days at the pool with picnic lunches and friends!
5. Do you use/like the self checker at the grocery store?
Only if it speaks to me with a British accent. Then it's more tolerable to be told that I need to "Place your item in the bagging area" even when it's already there.
6. Share a favorite piece of common sense advice.
If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie, wipe the seatie.
7. Barefoot, flip flops, tennis shoes, sassy sandals-your first choice for summertime?
Barefoot or flip flops. I usually run Alex to the bus with no shoes on, but I realized yesterday that when I go out to pick her up, I should wear some. It's in the upper 90's here and that driveway is HOT!
(And seriously, upper 90's at the end of May/beginning of June? Good grief!)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
McDonald's iced coffees are $1.08 with tax. Even the large.
May I suggest the sugar-free vanilla?
It make me feel better about my indulgence.
Also, my son whipped it out at his doctor's appointment yesterday.
And no, it was not necessary for the appointment.