***

***

Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Crud

So I've been a bit neglectful of the blog lately, because when you can't breathe, you can't blog. And I can't breathe people.

All 4 of us have varying levels of "the crud." The crud is worse than a cold, but better than the flu. It's achey, stuffy, coughy, and mildly feverish but thankfully minus any gastric symptoms.

Hopefully tomorrow will be the day we all turn the corner and can start to enjoy this long weekend.

I've also been a little preoccupied with the fact that my dad is in the hospital right now. With my Google degree I have diagnosed him with:
Idiopathic Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia

Oh, hey Dad. Do you mind if I share your personal medical information with the internet?

I know some of you might doubt my diagnosis based on, well, an utter lack of qualifications, but the good news is that my kind of degree comes with zero debt.

Anyway, my dad is doing okay right now, but it's always hard to be far away when family is going through a hard time. Plus I'd like to be there to point out how much better I would be doing than his nurses. Since who wouldn't want a nurse who's been out of work for 4 years to sit back and criticize my employed counterparts.

So Dad, know that I wish I were there with you and I'm praying for a quick recovery!

Love, your daughter,

E. Schore, (Google) MD

2 comments:

Jen McD said...

Sorry you all are under the weather and your dad is in the hospital. Praying for everyone's quick recovery.

I would trust you nurse Erin.... I mean, Erin MD

Heather and Scott said...

Ugh...that's so tough when you're sick and the kids are sick too. And I'm sorry to hear about your daddy. We'll be praying for all of you.