As I went to throw a load of laundry from the washer into the dryer today, only to find a semi-dry load already in there (and smelling a little...musty), I remarked that I am an incredibly consistent person.
There are many things about myself that I can count on. Here are just a few:
1) As previously mentioned, about once every couple of weeks I can count on myself to totally forget about a load of laundry, until it reaches the point that it must be re-washed and dried.
2) As much as I plan to have Alex at school at the beginning of her 8:45-9:00 drop-off window, I will consistently be signing her in at 8:55.
3) As a result of #2, I will consistently be joining the rest of my kickboxing class at about 9:10, 10 minutes after everyone else has started.
4) At 9:55, I consistently think, as I gasp for breath, that maybe being 10 minutes late was a good thing.
5) I never fail to forget one or ten items on my grocery list while I'm shopping.
6) When I serve dinner, I can count on one or more side dishes being ready about 10 minutes behind the main course. I am unable to master preparing foods to be ready all at the same time.
I realize that this doesn't exactly paint me as a domestic goddess, but what can I say? I'm just an incredibly consistent person.
Even... Aunt Flo... comes to visit at the same time each month. At least, I think so. I consistently forget to write that down on the calendar. Sorry boys.
Oh, and according to spell check, I was very consistent when I misspelled "consistant" throughout this whole post.