I came to a realization this morning as the alarm went off at 6:45am--
The moment of each day that I am forced to remove my body from it's warm and comfy nighttime nest feels like the worst moment of my life.
I suppose I must have a pretty good life if the worst thing that happens to me is being forced to wake up. However, it also means that the worst thing that can happen to me happens to me every day.
It's a conundrum.
And now, in no particular order, I will present to you some random facts, accompanied by a picture.
1) Josh left for work 14 hours and 45 minutes ago. I'm starting to wonder if he plans to come home at all today.
I don't think so.
If he did, he probably wouldn't be trying to get in my pants so much.
Did I just say that?
What I meant to say was, I wish the Air Force paid overtime.
2) Derek has found a new way to carry his "aminals" around the house.
This is good, because it frees up his hands.
3) Sometimes I wonder about this girl.
4) I want to try a longer hair style on Derek. So I need to let it grow out a little then have it reshaped like I want it.
5) We dog-sat for Amelia for a couple of nights. She was quite mellow and well-behaved.
Though I still have no desire to own a dog, I did appreciate 2 days of a crumb-free existence.
6) I love him.
7) Peepaw's are good at any number of things, to include painting fingernails.
8) If you need to laugh so hard that you almost pee your pants, have Peepaw play Just Dance on the Wii.
The Wii was a family gift bought with Christmas money.
I am a terrible dancer, but now I can start my list of things to become awesome at.
And I have something to do with my evenings, since I seem to not have a husband.
9) Here's a photo any wife and mother would be proud of.
10) On New Year's Eve, we went to the nearby Mount Olive's 12th Annual Pickle Drop.
Pat the Bunny delighted in terrifying the children by making them approach Mr. Pickle.
They put a green lighted pickle on top of a flag pole and have a countdown.
It happens at 7pm.
It's kind of strange.
Twice is enough, and we wont be going back.
12) When we got all that snow right after Christmas, we made a big snowman right next to the road.
He was a victim of a hit-and-run.
13) Daddy and his mini-me.
I like 'em both.
14) That's about all I've got for you.
I've been neglecting this little 'ol blog of mine. But in my defense we've had company for the last 22 days.
My dad is leaving in the morning, and the kids are going to have to go through grandparent detox.
It might be ugly for a little while.