A few things of note:
1) I am feeling totally better now, so whatever little bug I had has come and gone quickly. Yippee Skippy!
2) I was crazy productive this morning. While Alex was at her 3 hours of preschool, I did some laundry, mowed the front yard, and went grocery shopping.
I know, I know.
I'm an animal.
Or as my kids would say, an aminal.
I don't correct it. It's too cute.
3) Which reminds me that yesterday, I took the kids for a treat at McDonald's. Alex was very excited to get some ice cream. But she wanted to be sure that it was going to be ice cream in a comb. So she asked me many times to confirm that her ice cream would come with a comb.
I didn't correct that either.
But yes, the ice cream combs were 50 cents, so naturally that's what I got her.
Derek wanted fries.
4) Tomorrow is my sister's birthday.
Everyone say Happy Birthday Corie!
This is Corie:
Or at least most of her. I cut off the top of her head.
It was an accident, I promise.
And she'll probably get mad at me for posting a picture of her without running it past her first.
But that's okay.
She owes me.
Do you know that my only sister, my one and only sibling, did not even come to my wedding?
Nay she did not.
Something about being ready to pop out that creature you see in the picture with her and her doctor said she couldn't travel and blah blah blah.
My sister didn't come to my wedding.
So I will post whatever I like.
5) For the first time, maybe ever, I was proactive and picked up a birthday card in plenty of time to get it to her by her birthday.
But then I forgot to actually send it.
So here you go, sister:
I decided not to fill it out so that I can use it again next year.
Unless you plan on becoming Jillian from the Biggest Loser in the next year, and then I'll have to get you a new card.
But I'll just send you coupons to Cold Stone to ensure that doesn't happen.
So pretend it says:
Happy Birthday! You're old! You are my favorite and only sister and I hope you have a great birthday.
ps Why didn't you come to my wedding?
6) I was dismayed when I got to the commissary today. (That's the Air Force base's grocery store for you civilians.)
I had chosen a day that they were having a Case Lot sale.
They have a big sale on bulk items every once in a while.
Well I'm moving soon.
I don't need bulk.
But it creates long lines for the rest of us who just want to get our frozen dinners and get out of there.
(I don't enjoy cooking. When Josh is gone, I don't do it.)
But there was one bulk item that caught my attention:
All 3.5lbs of it.
I don't think that picture really does it justice. I'll try again with it sitting next to the large container of applesauce.
That's a whole lotta Swedish Fish.
I became hooked on them my freshman year in college when my roommate, who was on a year-long sabbatical from eating actual food, kept these in a candy jar in our room.
I'm pretty sure I ate about 90% of them.
Hi Emilia! Sorry I ate all of your fish! I'm glad you started eating again! Emilia? Are you out there??
7) I probably don't need a 3.5 lb bag of Sweedish Fish. On account of the whole empty calorie thing.
8) I'm certainly being long-winded today, am I not?
Last one, I promise.
Alex brought this home from school:
And I was with her up until the last two pages.
Has anyone ever heard of these before?
I don't remember much about preschool.
Well, I don't remember anything about preschool.
Except that my haircut made me look more like an Aaron than an Erin.
(Shoutout to my mom, who thought that if she cropped all my hair off, it might grow in thicker. Thanks for nothing mom!)
But I definitely don't remember quatrefoils or curvilinear triangles.
Kids these days.
9) Erin Schore out.
Which actually reminds me of American Idol, and how much I liked the duet by Lee and Crystal. Did you catch it?
I saved it on my DVR so I can watch it again and again until I don't like it anymore.
10) Now I'm really done.