Hey look. I remembered what day of the week it was while it was still that day of the week.
Join in at Joyce's for the Wednesday Hodgepodge.
1. A new Miss America was crowned on Saturday night-did you watch? If you were a contestant what would your talent be?
I don't know how I missed it, what with all of the nothing I have penciled in to my schedule these days. Oh yes, there was a football game on that night I do believe.
If I were a contestant I'd probably do some 90's rapping.
It would be an instant you-tube classic.
2. Do you have houseplants? Real or fake?
I tend to neglect until death all living things in my household. I'm actually kind of surprised my kids are still hanging around.
Many moons ago, when I was working in Ye Old United States Air Force, I was given a Christmas cactus by a departing colleague. It was my first and only houseplant. I took it home and it never bloomed, and I never watered it, and I never allowed it any sun, etc.
It was a tad pathetic.
We were living in Texas, and when we moved to North Carolina (the first time people, keep up) I gave it to my Texas next-door-neighbor.
We shared a carport.
Her name was Laurel.
Her husband was in pilot training and they had no kids.
Then we moved to North Carolina for 9 months for Josh's training in the F15E.
Then we moved to Idaho for 3 years where Josh was in an F15E fighter squadron.
Then we moved back to North Carolina where Josh is in an another F15E fighter squadron.
That is currently in Afghanistan.
With my husband.
And who do we find living in our very neighborhood? Yes, the Maplehood?
Laurel and her husband who was no longer in pilot training but in F15E training and her 2 children.
And right before they moved to England, where they now reside, Laurel deposited on my kitchen counter one Christmas cactus from many moons ago that still rarely blooms and is currently probably dead in our house in North Carolina.
Who would have thought I could be so verbose about plants?
3. When you were in school did you speak up or were you more of the hide your face, avoid eye contact, and pray the teacher didn't call on you type of student?
In retrospect, I should have had the decency to hide my face. And my hair. And my clothes.
But I fear I did not.
Nay, I did not realize the full extent of my nerdiness and I went on about life as if I did not look like the poster child for Nerds of the 80's & 90's.
4. Next Monday marks the Chinese New Year....what do you order when someone suggests Chinese food?
Usually General Tso's chicken. But I'm non-discriminatory. I like all Chinese food.
And Thai food, and American food, and Japanese food, and Mexican food, and . . .
5. How would you define a miracle? What would it take for you to consider something a miracle?
There are many ways to define a miracle. I'll list some:
- Both of my kids sleep in until 9am
- My children inadvertently touch each other under the dinner table and no one makes a noise as if they've been burned
- Derek figures out how to buckle himself into his car seat (Yes. He is FOUR.)
- Josh comes home on time from a deployment.
- I am offered dessert and I say "no, thank you"
- I go to the dentist and don't have a cavity
6. What's your favorite Disney song? If you're stuck you'll find a list here.
Too hard to choose. I love the music from Beauty & the Beast.
Oh, and The Little Mermaid.
And The Lion King.
7. I should have __________yesterday.
Showered? No wait, I did that.
Gone to bed earlier? Yes, that would work.
Oh, and I should have worn a coat when I took the kids to the library. I forgot I needed to get gas, and it was windy and snowy and well, cold.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm moving to Spain.
And I'm kind of excited about it.
And I'm kind of excited about it.