***

***

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012

It's New Years Eve, and I'm living it up in a way that would impress anyone octogenarian out there.

I watched a televised church service, downed some apple cider, and now I'm wondering if the public broadcasting station has any sittercise episodes airing tonight.

I haven't left the house in 5 days. Hermitting at its finest.
I didn't even realize it was New Year's Eve until around dinnertime.

My early 30's are crying out for a re-do.

Good thing there is much excitement in store for 2012.
First, and most anticipated, will be reuniting our family in the spring. I can't wait to welcome my husband home, share the joys and challenges of daily life with him, and of course, give him a chaste peck on the lips.

(I'd tell you the truth, but I don't want to make you blush.)

I can't say for sure, but I think he'll be happy to be home as well.

Unless his fancy room in Afghanistan is just too comfortable for him to let go of...



Nah.

Not sure I could handle calling that place home for 6 months. But on the positive side, one of the guys in that video clip I posted used to be Josh's roommate.
So at least his cozy space is all his own.
(For now.)

Our reunion will be shortchanged slightly by an imminent move across the country, but we are so looking forward to this next assignment that we don't really mind.
Josh will be attending language training in California, and from what I've heard, will have the best hours that he's had in his 10+ years on active duty.
What? Home for dinner and bedtime?
A girl could get used to that.

It's fun to think about all the new adventure-- like what our home in California will be like, and how things will go as we try to learn a new language.
Then there's the more challenging thoughts. How will the kids handle the move? What will we do for school next year? Must I hug trees to fit in? Go blonde? Gasp-- vote democrat?

;)

I'm sure we'll get it all figured out in time.
And then we'll move again.

What I really feel as I think back on the year 2011 is thankfulness. I am grateful beyond words for all of the blessings in my life, and humbled by all that God has done for my family. I'll praise him for as many years as he gives me.

Wishing you all a blessed year in 2012!

7 comments:

Mish said...

Trees aren't so bad...I promise!!

I'm Erin. said...

funny, Michelle! You'll have to give me some recycling tips so I can fit in. ;)

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

Feliz año nuevo Erin!

(Yeah, I totally had to google that.)

Anonymous said...

You will love Cali. Think of how close you will be to Disneyland! Flip flops ALL the time. But you will probably have to shave your legs more often ;-). On the flip side, nobody would care if you didn't.

Happy New Year sweet friend! I hope spring is here before you know it!!!

Jen mcd

One of Us said...

lol, Justin had a wet chu all to himself for 6 months. Some days I think he'd prefer being back there ;)

Joyce said...

Happy New Year! I think I could get used to California weather. Minus the winds, fires, and earthquakes of course.

Jamie French said...

Happy New Year, Schore family! Exciting times ahead, for sure! :)