***

***

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Oldie but a Goodie

One of the things I love the most about having a blog is being able to go back and look at pictures and videos from the past several years.
Occasionally I will look back at the current month from the previous year. It's amazing how much the kids change in that time-frame.

And they aren't the only things that change.

In March of 2010, we were preparing for our next assignment to Quebec, with no idea that we would instead end up in North Carolina.
I can't say for sure if I'm now happy about that change or not, since I have no reference point for what it might be like to live in another country, surrounded by people who speak another language.

All I can say for sure is that at 8:45am on Thursday, March 10th of 2011, the current temperature here in North Carolina is 61 degrees. And in Bagotville, Quebec, it is 21 degrees and snowing.

But what's 40 degrees among friends?

Anyway, I was just clicking back through some of the posts from March of last year, and came across this one.

The post in which I buy a ridiculous amount of winter weather baby gifts.

I'll have you know that I still have about 90% of them shoved in a closet somewhere.

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Is NC pro pram?

Bobbi said...

WOW...you STILL have 90% of them! They are cute...er...*yeah! Anyhew...isn't it Greenland (or somewhere frigid) where all the mums go inside the coffee shop to get coffee and leave the prams parked out front? I know I've seen pictures of it repeatedly. Hmmm....maybe their babies would like a snowsuit? Pink, blue...

Taylor said...

Oh, yes. The prams. And prams are really strollers.
You are stubborn.

Ebay! You'll be rich!

Sandy said...

i just found your blog via the lumberjack's wife and i must say after only reading through march and february...YOU ARE MY MOST FAVORITEST BLOGGER EVER! you are a hoot. i also live in nc and welcome you (and no, i have no desire to buy a house in idaho). my husband is a military/flight enthusiast so i am sure he will also take a peek every-now-and-then but please...no more ceramic boobies! i look forward to more hilarity!

Dressed-Up Dots said...

And we have the other 10%!!!! :)

Jennifer said...

Too funny! Thank goodness they were only $2.00 a piece!