1) When we were in the moving process, we entertained the thought of not getting cable or satellite.
We would have quality family time and sit around the living room together singing kum-bay-ah. But then we couldn't get past the fact that we would be missing football games in the fall, so we ditched that idea.
And then we realized that our new DVR has a ridiculous amount of hours of recording available and so we're recording every movie available from our free months of movie channels.
So basically we've done the exact opposite of what we discussed.
2) Derek has allergies. You might know this. Milk, eggs, peanuts, and seasonal pollens as well. We were expecting things to get worse here on the east coast, because our last trip to Disney World ended with him in the ICU from a seasonal allergy overload.
Turns out that he's just fine here and we actually have taken him off his Zyrtec. Cool, huh?
And wouldn't you say that he's terribly handsome and adorable and should not even consider turning three next month?
(Yes, it's an old picture. But you can't make me stop using it. Because it's my favorite.)
3) Alex, however, is "allergic" (if you can call it that) to only one thing that we know of: mosquito/spider bites. This kid's reactions are crazy. Here is a rather mild reaction (for her) from a mosquito bite:
The shiny skin is not part of the reaction, that's just some cream. The cankel is the reaction.
Oh, and can I get a shoutout for my second house with dark grout?
4) We arrived here 2 weeks ago today. How much longer can I get away with leaving the house a mess and using the "we just moved in" excuse?
Inquiring minds want to know.
5) We've been doing a lot of swimming.
Wanna know why?
Well first of all, it's hot as hades in these here parts.The next three days are going to be 100 degrees. And then there's the humidity.
Oh the humidity.
The other reason we've been swimming a lot is depicted below:
I took the picture from the lawn in front of the pool house. And the red arrow is pointing to some blue siding. Which happens to be affixed to our house.
So it's kind of convenient, you could say.
We've swam so much that this guy, along with his water wings, is doggy-paddle-ing all around the pool by himself.
Isn't he a prodigy? I mean he's only 2 years old and eleven months.
6) Speaking of my tiny-infant-baby-boy, we've decided to go ahead and do that infant potty training method you may have heard of.
I know, I know. It's crazy to train a baby so young. I've heard all sides of the debate and I'm just going to go ahead and do it anyway.
But I'm not sure if I'll be able to find training underwear in such a small size.