***

***

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Outta Here

Yesterday I said to myself, "I'm done with being on my own with a sick kid and... Alex...and that's it! I'm just going to get on a plane and get the heck out of here."

And so I did.

But this was no ordinary plane. This plane had a...

Penis?

Ok, not a penis. It had a boom on it.

This plane is a gas station.

Several of our squadron spouses had the privilege of riding on a KC 135 tanker as it refueled our hubby's in the air.
It was really cool!
Here are some pictures I took of the jets right off the wing of the tanker, and refueling off of the boom.







Unfortunately I didn't get to see Josh refuel as he is still in Vegas; these pictures are of our friend Jeremy (remember, from Yellowstone?). His wife had been on the tanker the day before, but it turns out that she had been given the wrong info and was taking pictures of someone who was not actually her husband. Just a minor technicality.

So you may have guessed that if I'm hopping on planes, the little guy is feeling better. Yes, he is! I had to cave and start the antibiotics because his fever just wasn't subsiding with the Motrin and he was the picture of misery. Doing much better now!

See, here he is helping Sissy & me make dinner tonight. Well, more like this afternoon. Alex was hungry ALL DAY today. She couldn't get enough. Either she's growing or she's got a worm.

We're fancy eaters when Josh isn't around. Pancakes, with a side of pancakes. And served on paper plates. We call it casual Thursday (or insert any other day of the week as applicable). Doesn't Derek look like a big boy? He's grown so much so fast that it takes me by surprise sometimes when I go to get him out of bed in the morning. I expect to see my little peanut, but instead I find this almost-boy.

Which reminds me of my poor planning in buying a huge stock of size 4 diapers right before this growth spurt. We had a little conversation and I told Derek that in this economy we can't afford to be wasteful. I'll be shoving his little man parts into those size 4's until we use them all up.

He gave me the stink eye.



Darn demanding kids. The first one wont stop talking all day about how hungry she is and the last one wants size-appropriate diapers. Where will these unreasonable demands take us?

To Guess Jeans and Esprit bags? (Did I just date myself?)

I'm putting my foot down now while they're young!




2 comments:

Heather and Scott said...

I love your posts...they always make me smile. And pancakes are served in our house for dinner even when Daddy IS home! :)

Jen McD said...

I miss your funny face - and those kids! Seriously, Alex has gotten prettier (if that's possible) You should lock her up now!