***

***

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Eat at my house.

Or don't.

Because in addition to having few condiments, we also have less-than-ideally cleaned dishes.

Today while I was loading the dishwasher I noticed that the little soap dispenser door was still closed.
So I opened it and saw that all the soap was still in there.
That means all the dishes I unloaded yesterday were washed with just water.

And if that doesn't make you want to come for dinner and lick the plate clean, I don't know what will.

And now that I have to look through my utensil drawer to locate any crusty forks, I have no time for filling you in on the other exciting things going on in my life.

Well, that and there are no exciting things going on in my life.

So instead here a few photos of the kids...

Look at them, enjoying a cookie and a ride in a plastic tub.


Just like peas & carrots, these two. Always happy to play together.

At least, until the big one tries to squish the peas & carrots out of the little one.

On second thought, maybe they're more like oil & water.


Maybe I should stick to photographing them individually.



Soccer practice was a little better yesterday. Alex even willingly kicked the ball around.


And gave me goofy smiles.

Did I tell you that Josh has offered Alex a bribe an incentive for the next soccer game? He told her that she can have a dollar for each time she kicks the ball. She knows the value of the dollar as it relates to plastic toys from the dollar store that break after one day but that we can never throw away.
I'll keep you posted on how that works out next Saturday.

Do you think that paying our kid to play soccer will take us out of contention for the parents of the year award? And the dishwasher fiasco probably just killed my chances at homemaker of the year too. Dang, and I really thought I had a chance at that one.
What a day.

3 comments:

Jen McD said...

Dear Team Schore,

I would like to sign my children up to play on Coach Josh's team. I would also like to inform you that I too will play for a buck a ball kick. That's a sweet deal!

See you at practice!

ps - I can't tell you how many times that dang dishwasher trick has happened to me (but NEVER in Idaho while we served our closest friends and neighbors) Does that make you feel better or worse?

Heather and Scott said...

Hahaha :) I would still come eat at your house - and I'm looking forward to hearing about the young Mia Hamm. :)

Your pictures are still awesome - love them! I'm going to take a photography class, so hopefully I'll start getting pictures like yours :)

One of Us said...

Our dishwashers have done that too. Some large plate or something gets crammed in front of that little door. I like to think of it as being environmentally friendly - once in a while the kids get to eat off of plates that aren't coated with chemicals.

I love Alex's fashion sense. I'm pretty sure Marina would be very jealous if she saw Alex's leg warmers(?) covering the shin guards.