***

***

Friday, November 26, 2010

Checking In

Hello out there!

I've been missing in action for awhile. It's because one fateful day I decided that procreating would be a good idea.
Life's never been the same since.

That, and I picked up a good book at the library. I'm not good at multitasking.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and are just enjoying some quiet family time this weekend. Josh is my Black Friday shopper, so he went deal hunting today while I lounged around nursing a cold.
And a plate of leftovers.
And then a plate of pie.

(Rinse. Then repeat.)

The weather has been amazing, and if the ten day forecast holds true, we will be ringing in December with temps in the 60's. After 3 years of Idaho winters, it's a welcome thing to me!

This evening we put on some Christmas music while we decorated the Christmas tree. Alex and Derek were fairly wiggling with excitement. Their ages are so fun for the holidays.

Now the kids have been tucked in, my motrin has kicked in, and I'm feeling very blessed, indeed.
I still need to upload the Thanksgiving day photos, but here are some I snapped on Tuesday after school, when the leaves were just right for some jumping.


And coming soon to a blog near you-- in honor of one very special girl who started really reading on Thanksgiving Day, there will be a giveaway of a pair of fancy leg warmers like these Alex is wearing!



My friend Erin has opened an Etsy shop, and handmakes these cute accessories. So check back in later in the week for the giveaway, you can win an item for a boy or a girl. They make great gifts as well :)

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Happy Holidays from the Schore family!


3 comments:

One of Us said...

I love the picture of Derek in front of the fence! And is that your Christmas card picture this year or do you have another stashed away. We are trying to figure out how to get all of us in ours.

Those leggings look great on Alex :) I gave her an extra long pair since you don't have any babies (and Derek does not count as a baby). The ones up for grab are only about 13 inches and fit up to the thigh on a baby, above the knee on a toddler and below the knee on a child.

Taylor said...

I love the leggings! As always, love all your pictures.

I am sorry you are not feeling well.

Procreating . . . what were we not thinking?

What did the Taylor volcano say to the Erin volcano?
Do you lava me as much as I lava you?

hahahahahahahahaha.

Christina said...

Pictures-beautiful!
Leggings-adorable!
Family photo-awesome!
:) You are looking really great...not that I thought you didn't before, but you've spoken a bit of your special diet and all. So, I hope that comes across the right way!!