***

***

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Bloggy Face-lift

I updated my blog page...like it? We all need a new look once in a while. Speaking of which, I have an appointment for a haircut next week. I was just talking with my friend Heather and we were each lamenting that despite our attempts at different cuts, our hair always ends up looking the same. It's an odd phenomenon to be sure. Anyway, my appointment is with a much-coveted hair stylist in town and I have high hopes. She recently gave my friend Ashley a really nice cut and I'm hoping to go in and say "Give me the Ashley," who incidentally went in and said "Give me the Jennifer Anniston/Reese Witherspoon." She went prepared with pictures and everything! I'll let you know how it turns out.
Moving on, let me introduce you to Spiney Fish. Daddy brought this sqeaky toy back from Florida when he was TDY a while back & Derek loves to chew on him. If you look carefully, on the left side of the picture there is a fin on Spiney's side that is missing from the other side.


Can you guess where I found the other fin?

Yup, in the middle of some pooh. You may wonder what I was doing checking out the middle of Derek's turd, but sadly old habits die hard and I still occasionally check for blood. No blood, just fin. These are the things that you don't read in "What to Expect When You're Expecting."

And I'll leave off with this clip of Alex "helping" her brother. All I can say is poor Derek these days! I have to watch her carefully, she is getting so rough with him. Today I actually had to stop her from trying to "ride Derry." She was seriously trying to climb on the poor baby's back!

3 comments:

Annie Pennington said...

Isn't it hilarious the stuff we find in our childrens poo??? LOL! Love the way she made it quite clear to Derek that it was her turn to feed him. :) Your kiddos are PRECIOUS!!!!

Jennifer said...

Glad to hear that playing with Derek's poop is keeping you busy! Strange, you are... And you can't blame Alex for thinking Derek is a horsey... He's a big boy!! :)

Jen McD said...

Poor Spiny Fish.... It sounds painful for Derek. You should rename him squish fish. Less painful in the event he loses the other fin.