Joyce's blog to see how other folks answer this week's questions.
1. How many times in your life have you moved house?
I'm not sure I can give an accurate count for my entire life, so I'll answer based on my married life. We will celebrate our 10th anniversary next month, and in that many years we've lived in 5 different houses.
2. What subject would you study if you had a year to devote to it?
Definitely a foreign language. French or Spanish.
Maybe pig latin.
3. What in this world breaks your heart?
There are so many things that break my heart. And almost everything I think of comes back to kids enduring situations that I would rather die than have my own children go through.
4. What is one item that symbolizes the times in which we live? Why?
I'd have to say the DVR.
My 3 year old requests that I pause his cartoon if he needs to go throw something away in the trash can.
We wait for nothing, things wait for us. It's a life of instant gratification.
I might poke fun of it but I can't live without it in North Carolina
5. Share a favorite bumper sticker or t-shirt slogan.
When I was breastfeeding, I had the idea for a shirt that would say, "Do not pet. Working Breasts."
Like you're not supposed to pet working dogs?
I totally should have gotten a patent.
6. How do you like your spaghetti?
My friend Ashley makes the best homemade sauce. So I like it when she cooks it.
Hey Ash, one of those days I'm going to request the recipe.
7. What is one piece of advice you would give a recent, or soon to be recent, graduate?
I wouldn't make the mistake of giving them advice. Don't you know that they already know everything?
Besides, they don't want advice, they want cash.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Our Disney trip is right around the corner! I'm super excited to see the looks on the kids' faces when they realize what's going on. It's so hard to keep it a secret!