It's been two weeks since I've posted, but I have a plethora of good excuses.
But I don't have a plethora of time, so we'll go list-style.
- Halloween fell on an Awana night for us, and we had "International Costume Night." Costumes are the bane of my existence. Remember? And this was even worse because all 4 of us needed to figure out what to wear.
We found an Asian-inspired dress that Josh had gotten Alex in Guam, Derek was from Jamaica and wore an outfit Boppa had given him from Key West.
Josh and I had nothing.
So I got creative.
We taped a line of duct tape on Josh and labeled him the International Date Line.
I cut out and colored some cardboard waves and labeled me International Waters.
Costume night, check.
- Josh spent the next several days preparing for the first part of his testing. These tests are the culmination of the Spanish course, and no one really
knows what happens if you don't pass them.
We'd rather not find out.
He took his oral exam last week. He wont get his results until he takes the written exam this week, but he's fairly confident that he passed.
- In the midst of his studying, Derek caught a bug going around his classroom. It was less than lovely.
I spent one sleepless night with him playing catch-the-vomit.
I was one for two.
But the one I missed had several waves.
He slowly recovered, hanging out at home with me last Monday before he was ready to return to school.
- We had another week with ortho appointments, more mover surveys, school physicals, etc.
- Then I got sick. I spent the weekend with a head cold from Hades. My husband is terrified to come close to me, because as I mentioned he has a big-deal test this week.
So I've been quarantined to certain areas of the house. We sleep in separate bedrooms. He's been making his own meals for fear of me contaminating his foods.
I could actually get used to that.
- That brings us to now. Today we dropped off the Corolla at the body shop to help it get all sporty again. So we have one car this week. And 2 dentist appointments, 1 eye doctor appointment, 2 days of big-deal testing, 2 Parent-Teacher conferences, half-days of school all week, and a partridge in a pear tree.
- Oh, and Josh sold his motorcycle today. He decided to sell it yesterday, so that was fairly efficient.
It's been moving across the country with us, and not being utilized for many a moon. And now we don't have to move it anymore.
- I'm not going to lie, it did make him more attractive to me in college. We had fun riding it around.
- But it's not as attractive as the hours he spends playing board games with his babies. Because he's not smeared on a highway somewhere.
- Two weeks from now we'll be on a cruise!
- The kids have 12 days of school left in Monterey.
- I'm off to my quarantined bedroom.