***

***

Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Bunch of Sentences

Joshua's clase de español starts tomorrow.
Our lives of leisure are coming to an end.

We've been in California for a month now. Time flies, no?

And our van should be arriving tomorrow.
Let me know if you want to find out the most efficient way to ship a vehicle, and I'll let you know what not to do.

Meanwhile, we've been doing lots of stuff in the Corolla.

Josh and Alex went to Six Flags to ride roller coasters.

But Alex decided that those roller coasters were scarier than the ones at Disney, so instead they got to pet a seal.


Josh was really excited about that, for sure.
But it was fun for them to get a daddy/daughter day in honor of their May birthdays.



My baby. She's going to turn 7 in 2 days.
And teeth are falling out of her head left and right.
And did you hear me say seven? Simply not possible.

 She was so teeny tiny. Not even 7 lbs when she was born.


Which begs the question, why did I gain 40??
But that's neither here nor there.

Look at her now. With her paper flowers and paper vase that she made me for Mother's Day.


 Sniffle, sniffle.

I might cry when she opens her gifts.
Especially because the disembodied head from Pat the Bunny scares me a little.

Yep, she got my daughter a disembodied head for her birthday.
I don't care that you're supposed to fix her hair, she still stares right through me and is decidedly lacking a body.

Moving on.
This is us walking to our beach.





Not to be confused with the myriad of other beaches, our beach is the one we can walk to. 

Other beaches require much driving, like 5 minutes or possibly 10.
Also, do not be confused by that last picture. The water is, indeed, freezing.
She just is not normal.

Now here we are walking to the aquarium.


The kids like the jellies.


I don't want to brag...but do you see our own special entrance?


Yeah. We're members.
You know you've really hit the good life when you're a member of an aquarium.



 His shirt says it all...


We also went about 45 minutes south to Big Sur state park. I would tell you about it, but the accompanying pictures have not made it from my camera to the computer, so I shall force you to wait.

Oh, but you'll never guess my last piece of news.
Attention everyone, but mostly Michelle James.
Yes, you, Michelle.
Since moving to California, I have become a responsible recycler.

Gasp.
Hath Erin begun hugging trees since her move?

Well, not officially. But there is nothing quite as motivating as a huge recycling bin, of which you need not separate, and an eeeeeety beeeeety garbage can.
Like, microscopic.
And you can't put a bag next to it.

So you either reduce your trash, or you live with it for another week.
Hence, I am getting really good at recycling.
Be proud!

Goodbye.

5 comments:

Taylor said...

I am still waiting for you to text me back. Not that I am bitter. Or paranoid.

Mish said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go...I always knew you had a green streak in you. :) Next thing you know you'll be composting...but that might have to wait until you move to Spain. And don't worry, all the Europeans love a good recycling bin too ;)

One of Us said...

Living in England is how we learned to efficiently recycle. Trash came every other week and recycling was every week. We had to save room in our trash for the diapers. Too bad we didn't cloth diaper the first ones! But, our high efficiency European washer also took about 2 hours to run through a cycle. They were also mini-sized. Not sure what they have in Spain, but something to look forward to ;) Mini washers that hold 3 pairs of pants.

Christina said...

She is so cute with her toothless smile!
I'm sure you are sick of hearing me say this, but it looks like it's going to be a pretty good year for you guys! Glad your stuff is arriving (has arrived)!

Unknown said...

Wow - members, huh? Way cool! If we come out your way this summer, though, we'll hook you up with the backstage tour - we got to play with the octopus and see the HUGE tank from up above! hehehe... family connections... they do come in handy!