***

***

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Aca-embarrassed


So it's time to come clean. I've hidden a lot of things from the interworld. Like the fact that I've had a housekeeper for the last year but kept it under wraps because it's totally unjustifiable given my current quantity of free time.

You may also recall that I reluctantly came out as a Twihard when I picked up the books about 5 years after it was cool to enjoy them, and also about 15 years past the age of the target audience.

(I recently acquired them in Castellano *gratis* so the next time I get the urge for some teenage angst I can also be improving my Spanish.)

((gratis means free))

(((there's a free bookstore in Madrid. I love it and am building a small Spanish library for when we leave here)))

And now I shall confess that I enjoy the movie Pitch Perfect more than any married mother of two should. I may have watched it once or five times. I may sing along. I may be thrilled that they're discussing the sequel.

I also may love Anna Kendrick, who not only stars in Pitch Perfect, but was also in the Twilight movies. She's funny. And she acts and sings.
I feel we have a lot in common, because although I don't have any actual talent, I do consider myself to be a trifecta of awesomeness.

1) I can do handstands and play 4 songs on the ukulele (These each only count as half a point of coolness, so I had to put them together.)
2) I speak a passable level of Spanish with which I can exist in Spain without being laughed at on a regular basis*  (*All rights reserved to determine the definition of regular basis.)
3) I frequently have relaciones sexuales with a hot fighter pilot.

This one, in particular.



(The one standing up, the other one belongs to my friend.)


Take that super cute and talented Anna Kendrick.

Well, I suppose she wouldn't have much trouble accomplishing one of the things on my list if she really wanted to.

I mean, I know a lot of fighter pilots. I'm sure one of them speaks Spanish and could tutor her.

So there you have it. If you'd like to recommend a book or movie to me, just ask the nearest 16 year old for a suggestion and then pass it along.

And if you're feeling as if your inner teenager needs some attention, watch Pitch Perfect.
Except don't watch it with your children. I can't be responsible for that.




2 comments:

Bobbi said...

You're hilarious!

Robyn said...

I'm happy to know that I'm not the only person who's 16 times 2 plus a few extra and still loves Pitch Perfect!!! :) Only I have to watch it in English because I don't know a lick of Spanish. :)