***

***

Thursday, June 9, 2016

15

I'm not sure what the 15 year wedding anniversary gift is supposed to be, but I'm fairly certain it's not cardboard.



Nevertheless, Josh and I celebrated our anniversary with a couple of Korean guys and some packing materials.

This first shipment got off to a rather chaotic start. I was in my sleepwear on the couch at 9ish this morning, thinking about all the final things I needed to do to prepare for the movers, who were scheduled to show up between 1 and 2.

We had some final separating to do as far as what was coming with us, what was going in this shipment, and what will be going with the next shipment on Monday. I needed to run the dishwasher one more time to get the things they'd be packing cleaned and ready, I had a load of clothes in the dryer, hadn't moved my toiletries because I planned to shower, etc., etc., and so on, and so forth.

I'm sure you can see where this is going.

Josh got a phone call at that very moment saying they were on their way from the base. Which is about 15 minutes down the road.

Cue some insanity. Running around trying to move things that we didn't want packed into our off-limits room. Hand washing and drying the dishes that needed to be packed. Slapping on some deodorant in lieu of a shower and tossing toiletries in a bag willy-nilly.

The good news is that the movers were here and gone in 2 hours.




The bad news is that Lady the stuffed dog is somewhere in those crates, and Alex is not a happy camper. She was a casualty of the chaos, as well as a few other items that didn't get sorted before they got packed.

We'll get them all eventually, but they'll be taking the scenic route to Texas.

Sorry, Lady! Hope you enjoy your ocean cruise. Your girl is sad to sleep without you.

Korea to Texas move, Part 2, will take place on Monday. Those items should arrive via airplane, and more quickly than today's shipment.

Korea to Texas move, Part 3, shipment of humans, will take place next Wednesday.


2 comments:

Taylor said...

Hey, babe.

Michelle said...

I miss my favorite blogger - hoping all is well with you and your family.