Friday, October 31, 2008
1) Post the rules on your blog
2) Write 6 random things about yourself
3) Tag 6 other people at the end of your post
6 Random Things about me:
1) I'm a terrible procrastinator. Right now I should absolutely NOT be writing a list of 6 random things about me. I should be packing for our trip to Texas for which we leave, ummm, early tomorrow! The laundry that needs to get done for me to pack isn't done yet, my house is a disaster, and I can't put it all off anymore because we have to take the kiddies trick-or-treating tonight. I'd better type quickly!
2) I spend too much time online...sorry, but Pioneer Woman calls my name every time I glimpse my computer!
3) A confession...I watch the new 90210. (head hung in shame) There, it's out now. I feel a little better getting it off my chest.
4) I spend ALL of my time in my house wearing some type of elastic waistband. No jeans at home-- so not comfy.
5) I don't understand why the people who make tights for little girls can't make the pattern go all the way up to the crotch. It really bothers me, because their tights inevitably droop and show the non-patterned part. (Read the rules, folks. It said RANDOM things, right?)
6) My daughter is addicted to chapstick. Really. Can't go an hour without it.
And now the hard part...do I even know 6 people??
Off to pack... (just as soon as I check my e-mail!) ;)
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
I'm a big boy now, so I can address my public on my own. I've taken a big step in my life and said to heck with breast milk, I'm moving on to cups and soy milk! (I'm saying this with some false bravado, because quite frankly it wasn't my idea. I'm a little miffed still, but it's been a week or so and I'm getting over it.)
Although these pictures don't show it, my mom was actually kind of sad to wean me. Something about me being her last baby or something. Whatever, to me it looks like she was just really excited to have some cheese. Come on, mom, I was worth a year of no milk, cheese, ice cream, and nuts, right??
(Mom says to please excuse the robe, we were just trying to capture the moment.)
Well I just thought you should know about how grown-up I am. Now I'm off to go do the usual-- take my sister's toys, cry if she sits on my mom's lap, refuse to eat anything but chicken nuggets and grapes, and just be a general drooling nuisance. Peace.
More posts to follow...I have catching up to do!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Here we are walking out to the flight line to see the planes land
So excited! And windy too.
I think Josh was a little embarrassed at the sign I made ;)
There he is!
Coming down to meet us
A happy reunion
Sunday, October 5, 2008
I was talking with Derek the other day and he told me that when Daddy gets back he only wants him to change his diapers and give him baths. I explained to Derek that this hurt Mommy's feelings, but if that is the way he feels then I will respect his decision ;)
Alex is so excited about his return, and is handling the delays better than I am! It's getting cold here and I need someone to snuggle with :)
Here is a clip of a very excited Derek playing with his big sissy who, despite her rough handling, still brings a smile to his face whenever he sees her.